Integrated Fieldbus Support in CODESYS
In addition to the functionality of an IEC 61131-3 development system for programming industrial controllers, CODESYS also offers an extensive fieldbus support including everything from communication POUs to configurators and portable protocol stacks.
Specific and generic Fieldbus Configurators
CODESYS provides seamlessly integrated configurators for a wide variety of fieldbus systems for configuring the process image of controllers:
ETHERCAT PROFINET ETHERNET/IP PROFIBUS
CANOPEN MASTER/SLAVE J1939 MODBUS TCP/RTU IO-LINK KNX BACNET
In addition, the CODESYS Development System includes a generic configurator for further bus systems.
For most systems (CANopen®, J1939, EtherCAT®, EtherNet/IP™ and PROFINET), portable CODESYS libraries implement the protocol stack for the fieldbus. Additionally, CODESYS offers libraries for Modbus communication (TCP or serial).
- Identical usage of the protocol stack for different fieldbus technologies
- Compiling / linking the stack dynamically to the application
- No external software tool required
- For Industrial Ethernet systems: No additional hardware required - a standard Ethernet port on the device for EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP or PROFINET is sufficient
- Seamless integration of the configurator into the CODESYS Development System
- Comprehensive integrated diagnostic functions
Integrated Commissioning and Diagnosis Functionality
Commissioning of the fieldbus system including the integrated drives (e.g. CANopen, EtherCAT) can be carried out with the Online Config Mode even without an available application. Numerous functions for communication diagnostics are available in the user interface and application, such as event loggers or diagnostic information in the device tree and in the application code.
- You are a system integrator or a user in the machine/plant construction sector or the like:
All you need is a controller already equipped with the integrated CODESYS Fieldbus support functionality.
Millions of CODESYS-compatible single devices and over 1,000 different device types from more than 500 manufacturers offer you a large range of hardware for your automation projects. CODESYS Inside offers a selection of manufacturers that offer CODESYS-compatible devices.
As an alternative, you can use the CODESYS Control SoftPLC systems from the CODESYS Store. The most common fieldbuses can instantly be used.
- You are a manufacturer of programmable devices:
Get the CODESYS Runtime Toolkit with field bus support.
- For more information or an offer please contact our sales department under email@example.com
Integrated Fieldbus Support in the IEC 61131-3 Tool: Industrial protocols, protocol stacks and diagnostics for real-time Ethernet, classic fieldbuses and industry protocols