Integrated KNX® support in CODESYS
As a fieldbus for building automation, KNX is the successor of the EIB, BatiBus and EHS fieldbuses. Technologically, KNX is a compatible enhancement of the EIB, extended to include important configuration mechanisms and transmission media.
Scope of CODESYS KNX
- Integrated configurator for I/O channels in the CODESYS Development System
- Integrated I/O driver
- KNXnet/IP protocol stack in form of a runtime system component for CODESYS Control
- Data exchange function with the ETS configuration system
Available products and related datasheets:
- CODESYS KNX SL
- Unique solution for connecting a freely programmable controller / PLC to the KNX building protocol
- Easy data exchange with the ETS configuration system: CODESYS users work in CODESYS, ETS users work in ETS.
- Intelligent update and merge mechanism between CODESYS and ETS
- Flexible engineering of building input and output data including functionalities like the visualization in a web browser displayed on tablets or smartphones
- Gateway function between KNX and other protocols like BACnet®, Modbus or OPC UA
- New possibilities in building automation by combining room and HVAC automation
KNX Integration in CODESYS
- You are a system integrator or a user in the building automation sector:
Use freely programmable controllers equipped with CODESYS KNX support. Ask your controller supplier for a CODESYS-compatible controller with CODESYS KNX.
Alternatively, you can use the CODESYS Control SoftPLC systems from the CODESYS Store. CODESYS KNX can be licensed for some of these systems as an additional option and can then be used immediately.
- You are a manufacturer of programmable devices / building controls or aggregates for building automation:
Implement the KNX runtime system component on your hardware. All you need for this implementation is the CODESYS Runtime Toolkit with CODESYS KNX.
Alternatively, you can enable the option of single licensing (SL) on your devices. This allows the customers of your devices to license CODESYS KNX themselves for their application if required.
- For more information or an offer please contact our sales department under firstname.lastname@example.org
Integrated Fieldbus Support in the IEC 61131-3 Tool: Industrial protocols, protocol stacks and diagnostics for real-time Ethernet, classic fieldbuses and industry protocols