Webinar OPC UA & CODESYS
The webinar provides you with an overview of the comprehensive solutions CODESYS offers around OPC UA, and how you can benefit directly from them. Key topics are OPC UA Server/Client, OPC UA PubSub and user-defined information models (Companion Specifications).
03:37 Communication between PLC and visualization | OPC UA Server/Client, OPC UA Information Models, method calls, HMI
27:34 Server/client communication between controllers | OPC UA Server/Client, Data Sources Manager
36:34 Communication between arbitrary devices | Network Variables, OPC UA PubSub
Platform Independent Standard Access to Variable Data
OPC UA (Unified Architecture) is a new development of OPC specifications which allows not only for transportation of machine and plant data but also for a semantic description of these data in a machine-readable way. OPC UA is a platform independent standard based on TCP. The protocol stack is available for all members of the OPC Foundation. The OPC UA specification provides different profiles for the scaling of individual features.
Overview CODESYS OPC UA Server
- Implementation of the communication according to the OPC UA specification using the profile "Micro Embedded Device Server", based on the communication stack of the OPC Foundation
- Additional component to the CODESYS Control Runtime System for device manufacturers as an option to the CODESYS Control Runtime Toolkit. Implementation in all device platforms supported by CODESYS with sufficient performance, as well as existing TCP/IP stack and real-time clock.
- Included without additional license fees as a limited version in all application-based runtime licenses
- Provision of data via the symbol configuration in the CODESYS Development System.
Alternatively: Provision of data in different symbol groups with specific user rights in a communication manager object.
- Communication with any OPC UA clients
Overview CODESYS OPC UA Client
- Additional component to the CODESYS Control Runtime System for device manufacturers as an option to the CODESYS Control Runtime Toolkit
- Enables implementation of different clients in all device platforms supported by CODESYS with sufficient performance, existing TCP/IP stack, and real-time clock
- Support of all available functions in CODESYS OPC UA Server
- Usage variants for reading in data for the IEC 61131-3 application and CODESYS visualization:
- Explicit call of library functions within the application
- Convenient configuration in the data source manager
Overview OPC UA PubSub
- CODESYS library for data exchange according to the standardized procedure between devices via UDP protocol
- Use of function blocks for sending (Publisher) and receiving (Subscriber) the data as well as for configuring the communication in the PLC application
- Execution of the blocks cyclically in a PLC or background task
- Diagnostic information for almost all functions can be queried at runtime or via visualization
- Supplied example project for an easy start
- Extensibility for future protocols as well as TSN/FLC
- Licensing per device ("SL" license)
- System requirements on the controller:
- Implemented system library for socket access to Ethernet
- Possibility of license storage (via dongle or software container)
- Can be used in all CODESYS SoftPLCs (see CODESYS Store)
Further information and purchase in the CODESYS Store.
As a system integrator or a user in the machine or plant construction sector or the like:
- Use controllers that are already equipped with CODESYS OPC UA Server/Client.
- Obtain SoftPLC systems from the CODESYS Store that already include CODESYS OPC UA Server/Client or that can be conveniently relicensed.
- For controllers with integrated SysSocket library and license container or SoftPLCs from the CODESYS Store: Install and license CODESYS OPC UA PubSub SL for standardized data exchange.
As a manufacturer of programmable devices:
- Purchase CODESYS OPC UA Server/Client and implement the supplied additional components into your device using the CODESYS Control Runtime Toolkit.
- Provide the license container so that your customers can re-license CODESYS OPC UA Server/Client or OPC UA PubSub themselves if required.
Advice, offer, and further information through email@example.com
CODESYS offers seamlessly integrated communication protocols for a wide variety of interfaces and requirements.