Access to the PLC Data in the Controller Application
The CODESYS PLCHandler is an easy-to-use software interface (API) for the communication between CODESYS controllers and external client systems. An external client like a visualization or a service panel can access the IEC 61131-3 variables and the online services of the controller using this API.
Functionality of the CODESYS PLCHandler (excerpt)
- Establishing or terminating a controller connection
- Reading the variable list of the controller
- Cyclical reading of variable values from the controller
- Synchronous exchange of variable values (read/write) with the controller
- Instantiability for the simultaneous communication with several controllers
- Automatic reconnection to the controller after connection failure
- Automatic reconnection after a program download from CODESYS to the controller
- Transfer of data to and from the controller
- Callback functions for different events
Callback features for various events Dec
The CODESYS PLCHandler has been implemented as a C++ class and is delivered in form of a Software Development Kit (SDK). Above that, the PLCHandler also offers a plain C interface and is available as an ActiveX component for Microsoft Windows. Apart from platform-specific files for example for Windows, Linux® or VxWorks® the SDK also contains trial clients in source code for different platforms.
The PLCHandler is purchased by companies who want to establish a connection between an external system and CODESYS.
- Manufacturers of programmable devices or vendors of third-party systems such as visualizations, operating panels etc.:
Company license to access CODESYS controllers with the “CODESYS PLCHandler for device manufacturers” from a certain platform
- System integrators and users for example from the machine or plant building industry: If you want to establish a connection to a third-party system, please contact your system/device supplier or us.
- For more information or an offer please contact our sales department under firstname.lastname@example.org
IEC 61131-3 controllers converted from any kind of intelligent device – by means of the adaptable CODESYS Control runtime system.